Clinical Documentation Specialists & Health Information Management Education
Combined clinical documentation specialists and health information management education is critical to ensure claim accuracy and ICD-10 compliance.
MRA provides comprehensive documentation education for medical coders and clinical documentation specialists (CDS), improving collaboration between clinical documentation improvement (CDI) and health information management (HIM), including:
- ICD-9-CM and CPT-4 technical training and cross training for HIM coding staff
- ICD-10-CM/ICD-10-PCS transition training programs
- Regulatory compliance education and training services
- Case study preparation and specialty training programs design
- Mediation of coding and DRG discrepancies between coding and CDI teams
Reduce denial risk with stronger CDS and HIM collaboration.
Savvy healthcare organizations recognize that change comes rapidly in health information management. Combined clinical documentation training for both clinical documentation specialists and health information management is necessary to internalize these changes, increasing effectiveness in winning auditor appeals, reducing denial risk, and improving physician documentation.
With over 30 years of experience in the field, MRA has a proven track record of successfully assisting community healthcare organizations with clinical documentation improvement and CDS education.
- Dr. Patrick Brophy, Chairman of Cancer Committee at Winchester Hospital